GrowTH Privacy Notice – guestsThis notice contains details about the personal information which This is GrowTH Ltd (‘GrowTH’) collects about you, what GrowTH does with this information, the basis on which the information is processed and your rights in relation to this information.
What information do we collect about you?We collect and process the following information about you:
- Your personal details such as your name, gender, date of birth, e-mail address, telephone number, nationality, marital status and National Insurance number
- Copies of your identification documentation
- Name and contact details of your next of kin
- Your ethnic origin and religion
- Details of your current situation, reasons for being homeless, housing history and financial situation
- Bank details, and copies of bank statements and payslips
- Medical information, including physical or mental health issues, name of your GP, details of substance use and dietary requirements.
- Immigration status
- Details of State benefit claims
- Employment details
- Criminal convictions
- Information disclosed by you in meetings or conversations with GrowTH employees
- Correspondence about you with or from third party organisations
- Photographs taken of you in the night shelter or other activities connected with GrowTH.
How do we use this information?We use this information for the following purposes:
- To run the nightshelter and supported housing offered by GrowTH
- To assist you in finding employment
- To assist you in obtaining further accommodation, including in making applications for housing
- To assist you in accessing State benefits
- In some cases, to organise your return to your home country
- To make applications for support for you
- For GrowTH publicity, for example in the GrowTH Annual Report or on the GrowTH website.
- necessary for our legitimate interests in running the night shelter and supported housing, such interests not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- required to meet our legal responsibilities, such as disclosures to governmental bodies or regulators;
- necessary for the performance of a contract with you, where you are a tenant in our supported housing
- processed with your consent, which we may obtain from you from time to time
Who do we share your information with?We may share your personal information with employees and volunteers of GrowTH for the purpose of running and administering the nightshelter and other activities undertaken by GrowTH. Your information is treated as confidential. It will only be shared with third parties where it is necessary for the performance of our tasks or where you first give us your consent. We may need to share your data with the following:
- Referral agencies, such as Whitechapel Mission, Crisis Skylight, Providence Row, Praxis, Spitalfields Crypt Trust, Look Ahead, The Prince’s Trust
- Other nightshelters, such as NewWay, CARIS, Hackney Winter Night Shelter, ROBES, Glass Door, Shelter from the Storm, Crisis at Christmas
- Private landlords, such as Laveen, Antea Lettings, Liberty Housing
- Hostels, such as YMCA East London, YMCA Thames Gateway, Marylebone Women’s Project, Lea Bridge House, Anchor House, Renewal, Queen Victoria’s Seaman’s Rest
- Supported housing, such as Just Homes, Changing Lives Housing Trust, Assisted Homes and Hope Community Homes
- Medical professionals
- Government bodies, such as the Home Office, Police, Probation Service, Embassies and Consulates, Thames Reach and other Local Authorities
- Foodbanks, such as FirstLove Foundation and the Trussel Trust
- Other prospective housing providers or landlords
- Other organisations which work with homeless people, such as the Pret Foundation Trust or Faith Regen Foundation
- Other organisations which are already working with you
How long do we keep your information?We will keep your personal information for the period set out in our data retention policy. In general, we will keep your information for two more seasons of the night shelter after the season in which you have stayed in the shelter or, if you are in our supported housing, for 6 years after your tenancy ends.
What are your rights?
- The right to access information we hold on you
- The right to correct and update the information we hold on you
- The right to have your information erased
- Right to restrict processing of data
- The right to object to processing of your data
- The right to data portability
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought.
- The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable.
- The right not to be subject to automated decisions where the decision produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.