GrowTH Privacy Notice -
volunteers and regular givers
This notice contains details about the personal information which This is GrowTH Ltd (‘GrowTH’) collects about you, what GrowTH does with this information, the basis on which the information is processed and your rights in relation to this information.
What information do we collect about you?
We collect and process the following information about you:
- Your personal details such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number and (in some cases) bank details
- Details of who to contact in an emergency
- Information on when/where you have volunteered in the night shelter
- Photos of you taken in the night shelter or related activities.
- Your personal details, such as your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address and (in some cases) bank details
- Records of the money you have donated
How do we use this information?
We use this information for the following purposes:
- To keep a record of when you have volunteered in the night shelter
- To contact you to:
- provide you with updates on GrowTH
- provide you with details of upcoming volunteering shifts which you are due to take part in
- ask whether you are interested in volunteering again
- request feedback from you about your experience volunteering
- in limited circumstances, to request further details about incidents which have occurred in the night shelter.
- In an emergency (e.g. if you are taken unwell), to contact your emergency contact to provide them with details about the nature of the emergency.
- To keep a record of your donations
- To contact you to:
- provide you with updates on GrowTH
- thank you for your donation
Our use of your information as set out above, is permitted under data protection law because it is:
- necessary for our legitimate interests in running the night shelter, such interests not being overridden by your privacy interests;
- required to meet our legal responsibilities, such as disclosures to regulatory bodies or to HMRC; or
- processed with your consent, which we may obtain from you from time to time
Who do we share your information with?
We may share your personal information with employees and volunteers of GrowTH for the purpose of running and administering the night shelter and other activities undertaken by GrowTH.
We do not share your personal information with third parties outside of GrowTH, except where required by a regulatory body (e.g. the Charity Commission).
We may share your personal information with employees of GrowTH for the purpose of administering your donation and the finances of the charity. We may also share your personal information with our professional advisers, such as our accountant (currently Richard Hopper).
We do not share your personal information with third parties outside of GrowTH, except where required by HMRC for financial audit purposes.
How long do we keep your information?
We will keep your personal information for the period set out in our data retention policy. In general, we will keep your information for:
- Volunteers: 2 years after you cease to volunteer with GrowTH
- Regular givers: 7 years from the date of your last donation to GrowTH
What are your rights?
- The right to access information we hold on you
At any point you can contact us to request the information we hold on you as well as why we have that information, who has access to the information and where we obtained the information from. Once we have received your request we will respond within one month.
There are no fees or charges for the first request but additional requests for the same data may be subject to an administrative fee.
- The right to correct and update the information we hold on you
If the data we hold on you is out of date, incomplete or incorrect, you can inform us and your data will be updated.
- The right to have your information erased
If you feel that we should no longer be using your data or that we are illegally using your data, you can request that we erase the data we hold. This is not a blanket right to require all personal data to be deleted.
When we receive your request we will confirm whether the data has been deleted or the reason why it cannot be deleted (for example because we need it for our legitimate interests or regulatory purposes).
- Right to restrict processing of data
You have a right to block the processing of your personal data, including if you are disputing its accuracy, have raised an objection to processing (see right below) or the processing is unlawful and you oppose erasure and requests restriction instead. Upon receiving your request, GrowTH will need to determine whether the request should be upheld and, if not upheld, inform you of the reasons for this.
- The right to object to processing of your data
You have the right to request that we stop processing your data. Upon receiving the request we will contact you and let you know if we are able to comply or if we have legitimate grounds to continue to process your data. Even after you exercise your right to object, we may continue to hold your data to comply with your other rights or to bring or defend legal claims.
- The right to data portability
You have the right to request that we transfer some of your data to another controller. We will comply with your request, where it is feasible to do so, within one month of receiving your request.
- The right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time for any processing of data to which consent was sought.
Where GrowTH relies on consent for the processing of your personal data, you can withdraw your consent easily by telephone, email, or by post (see contact details below).
h. The right to object to the processing of personal data where applicable.
i. The right not to be subject to automated decisions where the decision produces a legal effect or a similarly significant effect
You have a right not to be subject to a decision which is based on automated processing where the decision will produce a legal effect or a similarly significant effect on you.
j. The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Transfer of information abroad
Any electronic personal data transferred to countries or territories outside the EU will only be placed on systems complying with measures giving equivalent protection of personal rights either through international agreements or contracts approved by the European Union. Our website is also accessible from overseas so on occasion some personal data (for example pictures in the GrowTH annual report) may be accessed from overseas.
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or the information we hold about you or if you wish to exercise your rights or make a complaint, you can contact us at email@example.com.
You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/.
Last updated – October 2021