GrowTH is not a formal advice service. We are an initiative of the local church to help homeless men and women. However, we are often asked for specific advice. If you or someone you know is homeless there are a number of options available:

  • If it is an emergency situation, call 999.
  • If the person is under 18 years old, contact the Local Authority Social Services Department.
  • You can approach your local authority’s ‘Homeless Persons Unit’ for advice. In Tower Hamlets this is at 62 Roman Road, E2 0PG.
  • You can refer yourself or someone you know to be rough sleeping to the ‘Street Outreach Team’ here: www.streetlink.org.uk
  • If you need a bed in GrowTH’s night shelter, you will need to approach one of the referral agencies listed here.
  • For thorough advice, you can visit the website of the charity Shelter here: www.shelter.org.uk